Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Website!

The website that I created using Dreamweaver will be used to promote myself to future employers and companies that I am hoping and looking to work for. I have background information about myself including the specific areas in Public Relations that I am passionate for and that I have experience in. My website also shows a professional picture of myself that shows my personality and a banner picture that I chose to express who I am. My hobbies, interests, and some personal information are on my website as well, so people can get a little glimpse into knowing who I am.

I have my Blogger account that I created for this class and my LinkedIn account integrated into my website's links and icons. I did not link up my Facebook account or Twitter account because they are my personal accounts and I have yet to create professional accounts in those two social media outlets. There are several links throughout the Index, Portfolio, and Contact pages where people could click the blogger icon to direct them to my specific blogger account. I also attached my LinkedIn account to my contact page of my website. There is a link that users can click and it will redirect them to my professional LinkedIn page where they can get a glimpse into my professional experience, my skills and speciality areas, and also any mutual connections that I may have with them. Also, my email and phone number are linked up to my website so people can contact me via phone call or email.

At first, I thought that creating a website would be fairly hard and impossible to do. HTML and CSS is intimidating because there are so many codes that I am unfamiliar with because I have not taken any computer science classes to learn how to use HTML. It is like speaking another language when it comes to HTML and CSS! Luckily, my boyfriend is a computer nerd so he was able to help me and explain a lot of the HTML and CSS languages to me. 

I think that Dreamweaver was very easy to navigate and use once I got the hang of it. It was easy to plug in our JPEG images into the correct slots on our portfolio and attach the PDF file of our work to be displayed when a user clicks on the JPEG image. It was easy to link the files up since everything was organized correctly and clearly in my "kristy_site" folder on my desktop. It was a lot of plugging in the right things where they needed to go and linking everything back up to each other.
I believe that the overall website project is a great experience and project that will help me in the future because it has given me the tools to help promote myself to future employers. The layout of the website allows me to display some of my professional work that I have done in my classes that employers would otherwise not be able to see if it was not on my website. It is a great way to help market yourself to others! I even decided to create a domain name (kristyhakes.com) so my project and website can be displayed for anyone to view!

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete